As I sat down to put into words some thoughts on education, only questions came to mind today. These are the same questions I am always searching for an anwer to and am wondering if any one else has some ideas? Pick one out…..give it your best shot and give your thoughts in a comment (try it, you might like it). There are no right or wrong answers and the only risk you take is becoming involved in the solution!
1. What do we need to consider to make our school the best we can for our students?
2. Can we realize the need to change without feeling as though what we do now is not valued?
3. Will we acknowledge that today’s learners are different and the tools they use to manipulate their world have completely changed in the last ten years?
4. Why are so many students choosing to leave high school before they finish (both here and everywhere else)?
5. How does the perfect high school work?
6. How can we best leverage resources to fund an adequate education for everyone?
7. What does the most effective pedagogy (teaching) look like?
8. How can we harness the community’s interest in education in a positive way, create solutions and make changes without making excuses and pointing fingers?