As I sat down to put into words some thoughts on education, only questions came to mind today. These are the same questions I am always searching for an anwer to and am wondering if any one else has some ideas? Pick one out…..give it your best shot and give your thoughts in a comment (try it, you might like it). There are no right or wrong answers and the only risk you take is becoming involved in the solution!
- What do we need to consider to make our school the best we can for our students?
- Can we realize the need to change without feeling as though what we do now is not valued?
- Will we acknowledge that today’s learners are different and the tools they use to manipulate their world have completely changed in the last ten years?
- Why are so many students choosing to leave high school before they finish (both here and everywhere else)?
- What does the perfect school look like?
- How can we best leverage resources to fund an adequate education for everyone?
- What does the most effective pedagogy (teaching) look like?
- How can we harness the community’s interest in education in a positive way, create solutions and make changes without making excuses and pointing fingers?